Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quinoa Mac N Cheese *with a spicy twist*

MMM. 
I followed this pinterest recipe except:
I was too lazy to use garlic cloves (plus with jalapenos I didn't think it needed it)
I skipped the whole leeks and first step and just cooked quinoa in veggie broth
I used coconut milk (Silk Brand)
and... I added a little extra cheese, breadcrumbs to the top, and sliced one jalapeno (wasn't enough *shoulda* sliced both!) to the top of the quinoa mixture right before the breadcrumbs.
And, boy this was yummy!


 For the occasion, I broke out my new crock/ceramic cooking dish, it has a trivet/lid/cover underneath, a   stand to place in the table AND a clear plastic cover for leftovers.  No worries, there won't be quinoa leftovers for long!

 I also began using my new storage binder from Natalie, and added this *healthy recipe * (339 cal / serving) to my other fun, protein fulled recipes! (note the chocolate beer in the background, oops)
 Almost ready to bake.....

And 35 ish minutes later.. Done!

1 comments:

MICHELLE said...

Looks delicious!!!

Post a Comment

 
© Kassandra Olgers Photography

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs