Sunday, January 27, 2013

Waterfront Bridal Fair | Morgantown WV Boudoir Photography

Today I went to my first bridal fair.  I had toyed around with the idea of doing weddings, but instead decided to focus my attention on my new growing "niche" of boudoir photography.  I decided to second shoot a few weddings this year, but with working M-F 40++ hours at my regular job, am not planning on photographing any weddings alone as KOP.

The bridal fair was held at the Waterfront Hotel in Morgantown, WV.  I was a little worried all the snow we got yesterday might deter some brides from coming to check it out, but there was a decent crowd all day.   *Thank goodness* my mom came to help standby and hand out brochures, talk to prospective clients, and man the booth if I needed to walk away.  She was a huge help.




One thing I didn't think of until Forrest (the hubby and supporter of KOP) pointed it out some brides may not want to talk about potential sessions with their mom by their side!  He was right as 3 different brides came back later (& alone) to ask more questions!!  Fun stuff ;)  A few brides were accompanied by their fiancee's (Kudos to convincing them to come along!) and they said "don't get any ideas!"then gave me their email on my sign in sheet so I bet they are secretly interested!

My plan was to have viewfinders (see below) to show off my work.  It def sparked curiosity and interest in those that walked past.   Their marketing slogan is... "Everybody Looks...!" which I found to be true!  Many thanks to Tiffany, a friend who let me show off her images in them!

If you came by to say hi, thanks!  I look forward to creating your future hubby a gift that will be the biggest surprise for your wedding!

@



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Kassandra Olgers Photography

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs