Monday, February 11, 2013

Superbowl 2013 {New Recipes}

Forrest and I don't watch much professional football - but we are defintely college football fans.  (Let's GO!! Mountaineeeerrrs!)   Anyways, the Ravens are in the superbowl this year, a team which is not so far away at a 6 hour drive to see a bestie from middle school/high school/college/grad school!! 

I ended up participating in #takeyourwifetoworkday and came along with Forrest to his Sunday contracted shift, which is only 6 hours and includes my own desk, tv, etc to watch the Puppy Bowl or Kardashian trash tv.  This AM the snow was coming down and I had no specific Sunday plans other than cooking some fun new recipes for the Super Bowl.  I would have rather stayed in my pajamas and drank coffee on the couch all day, but Forrest said the magic words, "If you come to work with me, we can look at new house ideas on Pinterest."  Needless to say, we accomplished a lot inbetween patient evaluations including booking a trip to Jamaica (Hello vacation!), planning our overnight Pittsburgh trip (#MeatandPotatoes Pgh restaurant with classic foods for Forrest and a foodie twice for me!),  and creating a financial plan for me for the next 3-4 years (#studentloans #payoffsomeday).

Sorry getting a little #hashtag crazy.

Anyways, my Super Bowl spread includes:

Happy Herbivore Abroad Cajun Stuffed Mushrooms

Happy Herbivore Abroad Drunken Beans

Jannabeth Velveeta Rotel Sausage Dip (Melt velveeta in crock pot. Add rotel.  Add cooked sausage. Done!)

Maybe... a pinterest recipe for spinach/hot pepper jack stuff chicken. If I have time/willpower to defrost chicken after being gone all day.

Thanks for stopping by! ..... Go...*insert either team here!*


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Kassandra Olgers Photography

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs